Return to Searcy

On Thursday, March 9th dad and I drove to Searcy for the weekend. On the way there we HAD to be in the middle of a tornado because there were metal signs and tire tread flying in front of our car. It was pouring and so windy my car would have blown off the road. I was glad we were in the van. There was no shoulder to pull off on and there were lots of other cars around. They were the absoloute worst road conditions I have ever been in. When we finally got there we checked into the hotel and went to check out the new education building at Harding... of course that opened AFTER I graduated. Then we went to Walmart to kill time... how sad is that. An hour in Searcy and I was already back at the Walmart. Then we drove around checking out all the new sights. Then we picked up April, Jeff, and Ty to go eat dinner at Doc's Grill, a new steakhouse in Searcy owned by three medical doctors. We had lots of fun mostly just catching up with April and Jeff, and seeing how much Ty has grown up since the last time I saw him. He was talking and kept saying, "Hey, Jennifer" "Hey, Jennifer". It was so cute!
After that Jeff had to go study and April and Ty came swimming at the hotel. Dad and Ty had a blast in the pool. Of course Dad is used to the boys being around and knows what to do with little boys and he decided that night was a great time to teach Ty how to dive into the pool. It was so cute. Ty is definately a fish. He just had his 2nd birthday, but he seems so grown up. Dad and Ty even had spash contests while April and I talked up a storm.
Friday I went to Westside to visit my 2nd grade student teaching class that are now in 4th grade. I miss them all the time. Most of them are within inches of being as tall as me. YIKES! After going to school Dad and I drove to Conway to eat at the Marketplace. No way was I going to drive 535 miles and be 40 miles away from it and not eat there. As usual, it was yummy. After that I dropped dad off at the hotel and went to Hailee's lingerie shower. It was so much fun to see the girls again. Some of them married since the last time I had seen them. 
Saturday we went to Hailee Augsburger and Jon Ireland's wedding and reception. It was a beautiful wedding. The weather was perfect. After Hailee and Jon were taking off to Destin, FL for their honeymoon. Hope they remembered their sunscreen! =)

I think my favorite part about the whole weekend was getting to see everyone again.(Megan, Kerri,Sarah, Lauren, and Kelly to name a few!) Some of them I haven't seen in almost three years. We all live scattered around. I really missed Morgan and getting to meet Emmersen, but she couldn't be there due to things out of her control. Fyi- Megan is in Memphis, Nate and Kerri in Boston as of last week, Ryan and Sarah in Little Rock, Lauren in Amarillo, and Brent and Kelly in Coffeyville, Kansas. See what I mean about scattered around?
After that we met April at the Rib Crib. An AWESOME rib place that went in where Shoney's used to be in Searcy. I just can't get over how good it was. Then April and I went to the Arkansas Jr. Miss pageant at Searcy High School to watch Anna Vest, who we used to babysitt and some of my Westside girls dance. It was really fun and something so cool we wished we would have been going to it for years. After that April and I went to Sonic, we don't have them in Indy any more and then talked at her house for HOURS. It suprised me how much I have been missing girl talk! Jesse listens more than most guys, but some girly things still don't intrest him and April is a super girl talk buddy. I loved every minute of it! Sunday morning we headed home. It was a fast, but great trip! Next time hopefuly I'll get to take Jesse and show him the sights of beautiful Searcy. Haha! (He was on Spring Break that weekend and it had been planned way before we even knew about the wedding)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home