Zoo

Today we took the boys to the zoo. It was their Spring Break and we HAD to do something special. It has been cold and rainy here lately, but today it was 75 degrees (or higher) and SUNNY. I even got pink! That is exciting stuff for those of us who are yankees and spend months in cold snow. It was beautiful today. It was really crowded at the zoo from other people that are on Spring Break and lots of out of towners that are here for the Final Four. Here are the great pictures from the zoo...
The sea lions were sun-bathing when we got there, but when we got ready to go into the water exhibit, they were all in the water, putting on a show.

Normally there is a zoo worker that lets the children feed the giraffes and that is the only way they come close, but today the giraffes were very close without the zoo worker even being there.

Will and Wade are at that stage where they both bug each other all the time, but this picture was taken an there were no fights or squabbles before or after. :) Hey, we can brag when they happen! 
This guy is NOT an exhibit, nor a zoo member, but apparently he decided that the Indy zoo was a perfect place to set up residence.

Usually "Aunt Jenn" takes the pictures and isn't in any of them, but this time we mad sure that there was at least proof that I was there. :) 
Will wanted to take a picture of his rear-end touchin the walrus whiskers, but this "Ouch, they are poking my hand" picture was a better compromise.

The baby elephant was SO cute! It tried to get a drink after this picture was taken, but its trunk wouldn't reach the water without it going down the incline and it didn't want to take the risk.
This Polar Bear was in the cave with only its nose sticking out...when it came out, the boys cheered for it and then it seemed to wave at us. It was so funny. Of course Wyatt was waving back! :) 
A few nights ago I had a dream about a baby rhino. I won't go into detail, but it was WEIRD! Will kept asking all day if this was the rhino from my dream.
Dad finally has his "buddy". The other two have mom and I as close buddies and dad thinks Wyatt walks on water. They are SOOO cute together. Wyatt calls him "RoRo". If I go to his house without dad he puts his hands in front of him palms up (Wyatt's why motion) and says RoRo, like why is he not here too?

Wade rarely looks at the camera long enough for me to hold the button down because there are so many other things going on, but on this one, I got him and I love how it turned out!
In the summer heat, water shoots out the nose of this seal, but I know one photographer who was glad it was still turned off! 
Last summer the "World's Only 360 degree dolphin dome" was completed under water at the Indy Zoo. At first the dolphins were afraid of it and wouldn't come out, but now they swim all around you. This picture was taken inside of it with the boys looking toward the dolphins.
Wyatt probably wore as much of this PB&J sandwich as he ate, but it was so cute to watch him eat it!
I love this picture of Will. I don't know if it's the blue shirt or the fact that he is looking and smiling.
After the initial " I don't know which way to go" look that Wyatt had, he went down this slide and straight back tot he steps again and again at least 15 times. Every time he would laugh harder coming down. Many times he went down on his knees and kept trying to figure out why he wasn't going as fast as usual. He is so happy all the time!
We had a great time at the zoo. We were all worn out by the time we got home. We did make one more stop before we came home... check out the next post to see what!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home