Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sad story...

Well it has been a while since I have posted. Not a lot is going on. Still jobless. Looking, but getting bummed out. Did yard work yesterday and today had a pitchin after church for Jill (McDonald- from Shantih) and her husband Chris Kirby and their son Jack... they are our new youth ministers. Then shopping for some birthday clothes... I really needed jeans and then went to the young adult/college age... (ok, I'm older and know it, but Kent is older than me) =) bible study. It was the first time I have gone, it hasn't been going on that long and we always seem to have the boys or be doing something. We sang a lot and just talked a lot. It was really nice. Tomorrow I am going to lunch with Jack and Jill. Since she doesn't know many people here and I am jobless I thought that might be a nice thing to do. Then I am going to culture her and take her to the Flower Factory... they have them in Ohio and Indiana as far as I know, but they are like wholesale stores with everything from scrapbooking stuff to picture frames to gift wrap to school supplies to seasonal decorations to candles to glass jars to pots to party supplies and decorations to silk flowers to cheap baskets to craft items to bamboo plants and everything in between... you get the point... they have EVERYTHING! and it's really cheap. You have to get a membership card... it's free, so I'm not sure why they even mess with the card to scan you in, but I guess it tells them who is shopping. Anyways.... they are having a 7th and 8th grade fiesta at their house in a few weeks, so I thought it would be fun to show her the HUGE place. After that it will be home to shower and get ready for the Colts vs. Chicago Bears preseason game at the dome. We... well actually dad spun the winning spin, but I stood in line for him while he did grocery shopping.... won tickets from a radio station that had a tent outside of the grocery store on Friday. I spun and got a stinkin letter opener and the kept telling us how every person could only spin once.. the line was long, so I got back in line for dad and actually had to let a few spin ahead of me until he finished shopping and came outside, then he spun and won two tickets, so I decided he had been before and I have never been and I really needed to get out of the house... so I am taking my friend Amy, who is the gym teacher at one of the elementaries I have been working at. The game starts at 8, we have two passes for the Meijer (the yankee grocery store)/Budwiser tent starting at 5pm. I'm guessing they will have food there and Colts stuff for sale... don't know. We are only going their for a little bit right before the game and then we are in row 12! yay!


Ok... well The sad story that I made you wait till the end is that last weekend when we were in Michigan at the Blueberry Festival Wyatt accidentally dropped his way cool owl sunglasses into Lake Michigan at the end of the pier and they immediately sank... The pictures are him right before and him after... who knew what would happen.....




I'll post some more pics this week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Minnesota Mommy said...

oh poor wyatt. I was hoping you would post pics from blueberry. i can't believe we weren't there! total bummer! well we got your package today. i love the outfits. anna can wear her's now and so can emma but i think anna's will work next summer too... you are right - girls are more fun to shop for - good thing i have two!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home